- Curious, you love to share the latest innovative ideas you have discovered
- Creative, you always have a new but adequate solution to propose
- Flexible, you seek continuous improvement and are happy to adapt to new proposals
- With a thirst for knowledge, you like to take part in the most innovative projects
- Audacious, you try without fear of failure
Senior Developer JAVA (m/f)
Montreal and its surrounding area, Lisbon, Bucharest, Brussels
- With a thirst for knowledge
- Feature development and maintenance
- Unit and integration tests
- Continuous improvement
- Bac +5
- 5 years of experience (apprentiship included)
- English fluent
3 Place Ville Marie suite 400,
QC H3B 2E3 Montréal
Av. Miguel Bombarda
Strada Occidentului 3
Rue Jules Cockx 8-10
You want to join a company that places people at the heart of its concerns? We are waiting for you at Extia!
Extia is an engineering consultancy which proposes since 2007 an unprecedented approach in its sector by combining well-being and performance at work. A successful model: more than 3000 Extians working in 22 agencies in France and abroad, 2nd Great Place To Work® in France, 160 millions of euros of turnover and plenty of energy!
At Extia, it's "First who, then what" so, let's do it!
As a Senior JAVA Developer you will be a member of an Agile team that develops ongoing projects or new ones. You will participate to the entire development cycle (analysis, design, estimation, development, testing, and deployment). Right now we have several clients that are looking for these skills, so many projects to propose to you! 💼🎯
Minimum 5 years of development experience:
- Design and develop backend functionalities by participating in all technical specifications, from the context to the objectives, in a context of permanent communication with the frontend team and users
- Ensure the evolutionary and corrective maintenance of solutions by participating in the study and design of new components of the software architecture to ensure and optimize their performance
- Ensure the follow-up of the integration, test and production phases,
- Take charge of N3 support issues to respond to user requests, and ensure the follow-up and support of the business during the deployment phases
- Monitor code quality (tooling / coaching) and participate in unit testing
- Sharing, progressing, transmitting and working in a group in a desire for continuous improvement and regular technology watch
- Participate in meetings to monitor the progress of the project
Coming from a higher education background in computer science, you are :
- Passionate about development, you have at least 5 years of experience in development (including work experience)
- You are familiar with JAVA 11 or more, especially Spring (MVC, Boot, Batch mainly), Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Maven and REST APIs, ... and your curiosity has already led you to work with technologies such as Struts, JSF, SOAP, GWT ... This knowledge, even if limited, can be a real asset!
- You have knowledge of the DevOps methodology and the AWS or AZURE Cloud.
- You are familiar with versioning frameworks like GIT or SVN,
- Experience in an agile team (scrum, kanban) will be appreciated,
- If you have already worked in an environment with a microservice architecture would be a plus.
🚀 You recognise yourself in the "Who" and you represent the "What"? Apply and let's talk!
Ad posted by
Talent Recruiter Football fan, very happy to work once for the Camp Nou Stadium to watch matches for free ;)
Open since January 2022, Extia Canada is a new adventure that continues beyond European borders! This intrapreneurship project initiated by Marouane, Extian for 5 years, marks the opening of our 20th agency. His ambition? Operate in the IT professions by addressing the sectors of Banking Finance Insurance, Telecoms and Transport while maximizing the France - Canada synergies. What if you join the Extia adventure in Montreal?